[row_container full_width=”yes” dark=”no” padded=”no” bgr_url=”” bgr_parallax=”no”]
User Story Essentials Workshop
Requirements are the building block for projects. And the way those requirements are captured and documented can determine whether a project is delivered on time or within budget. A popular Agile technique, user stories are a concise description of features or functionality that deliver value to customers.
Written from an end users perspective, user stories are an effective approach for capturing and prioritising requirements on time and budget constrained projects – regardless of whether those projects are Agile or not. Created throughout a project’s life-cycle, user stories are also a great way of managing changing requirements.
During this interactive training, you will gain hands on experience writing user stories for a simulation project. Using real-life examples, case studies and practical exercises, this course will give you tools and techniques for capturing and documenting user stories on any project; regardless of size, complexity and whether those projects are Agile or not.
[icon icon=”graduation” color=”green” size=”small” icon_solid=”no”][/icon] Course Overview and Learning Objectives
- How much detail to put into a Agile & Scrum user story
- The seven characteristics of good user stories
- How to capture and manage requirements on large projects
- A simple template for writing effective user stories
- How to write non-functional requirements as user stories
- Nine common user story mistakes to avoid
- How to run user story workshops at the beginning of a project
- Additional tips and techniques for generating user stories
* For in house training, all course content can be tailored to meet your organisation’s specific needs
[icon icon=”briefcase” color=”green” size=”small” icon_solid=”no”][/icon] What You Get
- Training delivered by an experienced, industry expert
- Breakfast and lunch provided, with refreshments throughout the day
- Course folder containing printed colour copies of all course material
- Interactive Agile User Story workshops and exercises
- Electronic copies of all course material plus additional resources
- Lifetime access to the Agile Catalyst private members group
- 6 months post-training email and Skype support
- User Story Essentials Training Certificate
- Signed copy of ‘Waterfall to Agile: A Practical Guide to Agile Transition’
- 10% discount off Agile Catalyst services and additional courses
[icon icon=”users” color=”green” size=”small” icon_solid=”no”][/icon] Who’s This User Story Essentials Course For?
This ‘User Story Essentials’ training course is for Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, Product Owners, ScrumMasters, Designers and anyone else involved or interested in delivering high quality products or software on time and within budget.
[icon icon=”lock” color=”green” size=”small” icon_solid=”no”][/icon] Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident you will get great value out of our ‘User Story Essentials’ training that in the unlikely event you are not happy with the course content, you will receive a full refund of your registration fees – no questions asked. What’s more, you’ll also get to keep all course materials.